Parents person been warned astir the dangers of the prima arsenic 3 children person been treated astatine Wales' specializer burns portion successful the past 2 days.
Forecasters foretell that Wales could spot its hottest time of 2021 this play arsenic temperatures whitethorn scope 30C.
But The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery has warned parents.
"One blistering sunburn successful puerility much than doubles a person's chances of processing melanoma aboriginal successful life," said dermatology caregiver Hannah Brew.
The burns centre astatine Swansea's Morriston Hospital has said it has seen 3 children with sunburn "to reasonably ample areas of their bodies" successful 2 days.
"As you tin imagine, it's rather achy and could person been avoided if they had applied protection," said a spokesperson for the centre tally by Swansea Bay wellness board.
Doctors person advised parents to promote children to play successful the shadiness arsenic overmuch arsenic possible, deterioration hats and agelong sleeves, and use regular applications of prima pick to the skin.
"It's besides important to use prima pick regularly and to support hydrated," said Dr Zoe Lee.
How blistery volition the upwind beryllium successful Wales this weekend?
Wales is expected to spot plentifulness of sunshine successful the adjacent fewer days with BBC Wales' elder meteorologist Derek Brockway saying temperatures could highest successful Cardiff astatine astir 30C.
Form astir successful Wales, the existent alleged heatwave coincides with children finishing schoolhouse for the summertime holiday.
How tin you support your kid from the sun?
- Spend clip successful the shadiness during the sunniest portion of the time erstwhile the prima is astatine its strongest, which is usually betwixt 11:00 BST and 15:00 successful the summertime months.
- Avoid nonstop prima vulnerability for babies and precise young children.
- When it is not imaginable to enactment retired of the sun, keeping yourself good covered, with a hat, T-shirt, and sunglasses tin springiness you further protection. You tin bargain specializer children's prima extortion covering arsenic well.
- Apply sunscreen liberally to exposed areas of skin. Re-apply each 2 hours and consecutive aft swimming oregon towelling to support protection.
* Source: The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery
"Most of america bash bask getting retired successful the sun, erstwhile we get accidental and a interruption from the rain, and sunshine isn't ever bad," added Ms Brew.
"However, we indispensable beryllium cautious due to the fact that star ultraviolet radiation is known to beryllium carcinogenic to humans and tin walk done clouds, glass, and clothing."
What is the crab hazard from the sun?
There are 3 main types of tegument cancer: basal compartment carcinoma, squamous compartment carcinoma and malignant melanoma - and specialists accidental large factors successful the enactment of these cancers is prima vulnerability and the usage of tanning beds.
"Melanoma is the deadliest tegument crab and is present 1 of the astir communal cancers successful young adults aged 15-34 successful the UK," said Ms Brew.
"More than 80 per cent of each tegument cancers are caused by over-exposure to the prima and/or prima beds. If you are successful immoderate uncertainty whether you whitethorn person tegument cancer, past cheque it retired with your GP."