Britain's Mark Cavendish made past successful the Tour de France arsenic helium equalled Belgian large Eddy Merckx's grounds of 34 signifier wins.
The Deceuninck-Quick Step rider won the sprint into Carcassonne by a fewer inches up of team-mate Michael Morkov.
Briton Simon Yates of Team Bike Exchange abandoned the contention pursuing a clang successful which respective riders fell down a ravine.
"It's what I dreamed of arsenic a kid. I've worked truthful hard for it," said Cavendish.
Tadej Pogacar of UAE-Team Emirates remains successful the leader's yellowish jersey.
An affectional and physically drained Cavendish embraced each of his team-mates astatine the decorativeness and cried retired "we've made history" arsenic helium hugged Davide Ballerini.
Cavendish added: "I'm truthful dormant - 220km successful that heat, successful that wind. I went truthful heavy determination - they boys were incredible. I can't judge it.
"For a batch of the time it didn't consciousness similar it was going to happen. I was truthful connected the limit. You saw that astatine the extremity [which was] somewhat uphill.
"It is conscionable similar my archetypal 1 [win connected the Tour]. It was what I dreamed of arsenic a kid and it is what I imagination of now. I person worked truthful hard for it."
If Cavendish tin past the upland stages successful the Pyrenees to come, helium could yet eclipse the people that Merckx, a five-time wide victor of the Tour, acceptable successful 1975.
The Manxman should person 2 much opportunities to instrumentality the grounds outright, archetypal connected signifier 19 into Libourne and past connected the last time of the contention connected the Champs-Elysees successful Paris, wherever helium has antecedently won 4 times.
More to follow
Stage 13 results
1. Mark Cavendish (GB/Deceunick-Quick-Step) 5hrs 04mins 29secs
2. Michael Morkov (Den/Deceunick-Quick-Step) Same time
3. Jasper Philipsen (Bel/Alpecin-Fenix)
4. Ivan Garcia (Sap/Movistar)
5. Danny van Poppel (Ned/Intermarche-Wanty-Gobert)
6. Alex Aranburu (Spa/Astana)
7. Christophe Laporte (Fra/Cofidis)
8. Andre Greipel (Ger/Israel Start-Up Nation)
9. Magnus Cort (Den/EF Education-Nippo)
10. Jasper Stuyen (Bel/Trek-Segafredo)
General classification aft signifier 13:
1. Tadej Pogacar (Slo/UAE Team Emirates) 52hrs 27mins 12secs
2. Rigoberto Uran (Col/EF Education Nippo) + 5mins 18secs
3. Jonas Vingegaard (Den/Jumbo Visma) +5mins 32secs
4. Richard Carapaz (Ecu/Ineos Grenadiers) +5mins 33secs
5. Ben O'Connor (Aus/AG2R Citroen) +5mins 58secs
6. Wilco Kelderman (Ned/Bora-Hansgrohe) +6mins 16secs
7. Alexey Lutsenko (Kaz/Astana) +6mins 30secs
8. Enric Mas (Spa/Movistar) +7mins 11secs
9. Guillaume Martin (Fra/Cofidis) +9mins 29secs
10. Pello Bilbao (Spa/Bahrain Victorious) +10mins 28secs