By Tanya Gupta
Investigations astatine a erstwhile landfill tract down a location wherever a seven-year-old lad died are to instrumentality spot arsenic soon arsenic possible, councillors person said.
Zane Gbangbola died during floods successful 2014 - his parents accidental helium was killed by hydrogen cyanide washed retired of the tip.
Now Spelthorne council's situation and sustainability committee has voted to instrumentality enactment astatine the tract successful Chertsey.
Committee president Ian Beardsmore said tests had not been carried retired and it was "the close happening to do".
An inquest ruled Zane's decease was an mishap caused by c monoxide poisoning from a petrol pump brought successful by his household to get escaped of floodwater.
However, his parents Kye Gbangbola and Nicole Lawler ever disputed the findings and said the pump was ne'er successful use.
Mr Gbangbola, who was paralysed successful the incident, and Ms Lawler person present obtained Public Health England (PHE) papers backing their claims.
The papers, released to the household nether a Freedom of Information request, see 1 papers stating: "The location had 3 generators (1 x petrol, not operating, and 2 electrical 1 of which was operating) successful basement."
The papers besides said occurrence work investigating detected nary c monoxide.
A further enactment said firefighters confirmed "three hits" successful the spot for "hydrogen cyanide".
It said semipermanent vulnerability to the state could origin cardiac arrest, adding: "The spot has been flooded for the past 6-7 weeks with the household continuing to unrecorded successful it - the [redaction] has been trying to pump retired the basement and plot and the lad has been successful the flood h2o and garden."
'Tests indispensable beryllium independent'
Circulating the documents to the committee, Mr Beardsmore called for a study earlier 9 November stating however the authorization would enactment successful examining the site.
He said: "This is not ifs, buts oregon maybe, but however and when."
He said it needed to beryllium decided whether enactment could beryllium taken nether exigency planning, contaminated onshore oregon wellness and information legislation.
The committee voted unanimously successful favour of action, but Mr Gbangbola said afterwards: "The tests indispensable beryllium broad and done independently."
He besides appealed to anyone with accusation to interaction the BBC, adding: "Just bash the close happening and archer the information arsenic you would expect others to bash had your kid been killed."
PHE said its staff, including the Porton Down-based Emergency Response Department, supported the 2013-14 flood response, and it aboriginal provided written grounds to the inquest.
It said Dr John Thompson from the PHE-commissioned National Poisons Information Service gave his adept opinion.
A spokesperson for the coroner said: "An independent, full, frank and fearless inquest into the decease of Zane Gbangbola was concluded successful September 2016.
"The coroner's elaborate mentation of his findings and decision has been disposable since the extremity of the inquest."
Mr Gbangbola said PHE were not contiguous astatine the inquest, but "totally absent". He called for an mentation from the coroner.
The BBC is not liable for the contented of outer sites.